Facebook is all set to take our online identities offline too by launching personalized business cards based on images and information from our Facebook profiles. Facebook Cards feature your Facebook contact information for distribution to friends or strangers when you meet them in the real world.
Facebook has collaborated with a UK based company – Moo to provide these Facebook cards. Moo has made excellent use of Facebook API and seamlessly transfers your contact information, profile picture, cover photos, etc. from Facebook and present it to you in a fixed template. You may then customize the card using the Moo interface itself. Moo has tried to fix the template in a way that it looks like a mini version of your Facebook timeline (yes, this service is only available for Facebook timeline users). You can personalize the card by deciding what information should go in there. You can choose to include or hide your phone number/email address, etc. On the flip side of every card a quote of your own creation will appear, giving the card an additional personal touch.
And here’s the best news – Facebook is giving you first 50 cards for free. However, this is a limited period offer, so hurry and grab your free set of cards, before the offer expires. No doubt, we have already ordered ours.
Steps to get Facebook Cards:
- Implement timeline
- Give your timeline a cover photo
- Publish the timeline
- Click on your ‘About’ section
- Go to ‘Contact Info’ box
- You will see a small card icon next to the ‘Contact Info’ title
- Click on this icon and then click on ‘Print Cards’
- You would be taken to a separate window by Moo.com
- The interface would automatically pick up your cover photos and profile picture
- Select the cover photos you wish to keep
- Edit your details
- Click on next and edit the details on the back side of the card
- Check your card and place the order
- As of now, the first 50 cards are free. Any additional cards are chargeable
Tips & Tricks
- Order your first 50 cards at the earliest as we dont know till when these free cards are available
- Upload multiple cover photos to your Facebook timeline. This way, Moo picks up all your cover photos and gives you equal quantities of cards with different cover photos. (Total would be 50 only)
- A maximum of 50 cover photos ar e allowed
- You can modify your order only till two hours after placing the order
- Though you may have different cover photos in your cards, profile picture and all other information remains the same
Facebook has surely taken a good step ahead by bringing in a service which has the capability to bridge the gap between our online and offline worlds. Also, we are very impressed by the streamlined process for designing and ordering your cards. Facebook has surely defined a very good revenue stream too for its business which would surely make its expected IPO stronger. Lets see how else Facebook revolutionizes our lives in the future. Here is the card which we have ordered:
Do let us know when you order your Facebook cards!
Update: Yay! The fbcards are finally here. Here’s how they look
I must say that these cards look much better than what i expected. Have you ordered your cards yet? Still No! Trust me, this is one of its kind opportunity which you would not like to miss. So hurry up and don’t forget to share your card pics with us. Lets see who has the better card